Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Found some quotes I'd like to share:

Solamen miseris socios habbuisse doloris. - Misery Loves Company (Latin)

In my contact with people I find that, as a general rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls--with the great outside world.
- Booker T. Washington

The sky looks ever so deep when you lay on your back in the moonshine. -Huck
Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn

You know that place halfway between awake and asleep? That place where you still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. -Tinkerbell
Julia Roberts in Hook

When God says "no", there must be a greater "yes". -unknown

And how can I stand here and not be moved by You? Could You tell me, how could it be any better than this? -"Everything" by Lifehouse

I'm so hungry I could eat the north end off of a southbound skunk. -unknown

Allrighty, last time I promised some animal stories. I'll just start with a list of all of the animals that have bitten me, and if I feel that any one particular animal needs explanation, I'll stop and explain.
  • Cat
  • Dog
  • Hamster - (my fingers and the palm of my hand) I probably had salt on my hands, and Andi's hamster was just a jerk.
  • Mouse - (on the nose) I was a tot, and I held the mouse up to my nose to cuddle with it.
  • Gerbil - (callus on my finger) once again, salt or something. when he bit down, he couldn't get his teeth out of my callus. So he was stuck and I flung him across the room.
  • Turtle - (knuckle on pointer finger) it was a snappin' turtle.
  • Snake - (thumb) trying to see how many I could catch in a row
  • Goat? I'm not sure.
  • Duck - (the butt) My neighbor had ducks. Apparently I made Donald mad.
  • Robin - I attempted to reach into her nest and she pecked at me... not really bitten.
  • Rabbit - she was just a freaking vampire bunny. she bit through the sleeve of my hoodie and had there not been material there she would have taken a huge chunk out of my arm. I was just left with a bruise the size of a quarter-dollar on my arm for over a week.
  • Fish - I swim with fish, they bite occasionally.
I'm exhausted for the evening. Next time I'll share the stories of my animal killing sprees.

That's all for this evening. I think I'll close with this:

Good night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Alli, you probably are just tasty. My pets actually like me, I get licked and nuzzled. Hmmmm...remind me never to share your tent if we go camping.

    ReplyDelete