Friday, January 7, 2011

Much has happened since my last post. I have enjoyed my last Pioneer football season, my last Homecoming, and my last semester of undergrad classwork.

I finished this semester quite well, and I'm ending with a 3.74 GPA overall. That's not too shabby. I'm proud of myself. Now, starting somewhere around Jan. 20th I will begin my student teaching at either Gilmer County or Braxton County. I still don't know for sure, but I'm almost positive I will be at GCHS the first half of the semester and BCMS for the second half.

Just recently I decided to apply for Graduate school. I applied at WVU and Marshall University. I've been to see them both, and I have to say that I like MU much much better than WVU. Not only did I like the layout of the campus better at MU, I also loved the English department and the atmosphere of the college. I'm very excited to see where this goes. I also applied for a teaching assistantship at both universities which would allow me to teach 101 English classes to freshmen. At WVU the assistantship would start right away, but at MU I would shadow a professor and watch him teach, and I would also be available for tutoring - first. Then the second year I would be given a 101 Comp. class to teach! It's very exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

These pictures are from GSC 2010 Homecoming. I did win Homecoming queen! So cool! I loved it. This is a picture of Trae and I.





















Trae was the 2010 junior Prince. He was so close to run for King but he was a few credit hours short of Sr. status. It's cool anyway though, cause we were both royalty :)

This is a picture of Carrie Harpold, myself, and Jessie Currence. These were my girls this year. We were three of the 8 female RAs. We were bosom buddies I guess :) The second picture is of Jim Bob Howes and I. I love Jim Bob dearly. He is a great friend. He is also an RA. These two pictures were at the Homecoming dance. We danced the night away and then went to see "Paranormal Activity" at midnight! That was a fun fun day.






























Finally, this is a picture of my wonderful boyfriend and myself right after I was crowned queen. I love Seth so much :) This was one of the coolest days of my life, and I was really happy to have him there with me that day!


Those are the major things that have happened since my last post. In other news, it's been snowing a lot. It's snowing right now actually :) Seth got a new job with CarePoint Partners in Fairmont. He delivers medical supplies. Seth and I are going to a big concert in Charleston tomorrow and we're really excited about that!

That is about it for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment