Friday, September 17, 2010

A month later

My oh my! It's been almost a month since I last posted. NOT GOOD!

A lot has happened! I have a good three week start into my senior year of college now. I'm loving my classes. My schedule is sooo light (for now, until I get my field observation placements) and I find myself with lots of free time. I don't know what to do with myself!!

Seth got a job at Pressely Ridge in Clarksburg. He just finished a week of training and he starts on Monday, so that's exciting. I think anytime someone gets a new, fresh change of pace it makes life a little more exciting. I'm just really glad that Seth's adapting well to the new environment! He made friends out of his new co-workers, which is important! He seems to like the things he was trained to do, and I am so glad about that. I was so worried that he would hate training and he would hate this job, but as of right now things seem to be looking pretty good! I think there is a lot of opportunity awaiting Seth.

But what about me?? Well, the banjo playing is coming along QUITE nicely, if I do say so myself. Buddy taped our last rehearsal and I got to hear myself play and sing. It was a good confidence booster.

What else... I was nominated for Homecoming queen this year! That's exciting!! I feel like I am definitely making the most out of this last semester here in G-ville.

We had a TORNADO come through Gilmer County yesterday!! We obviously are fine. But we all got really excited for a little bit! Then when we really realized we were in no immediate danger, it wasn't fun anymore... lol

I read Moby Dick. Period. That's all that needs to be said. Except... I am so glad it's over!! I still have to read a few more criticisms about the book and two Mondays from now I have to write an in-class paper on the book... I have no idea what I have to write about yet, and that makes me nervous!

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I turn 22!!! Last year at this time I celebrated with my (not-at-the-time) boyfriend and Mallory and went to Mo-town to get tat'd up!! Here's a recent picture! It still looks so good and I absolutely love it!
















Nothing crazy like that for me this year! LOL, I accidentally scheduled myself to work this weekend so I can't really go anywhere anyway even if I wanted to...

Right now I'm just feeling extremely happy and blessed by God. That's all that really matters anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment